3.0

First, I must say I live in a small town, the nearest place to buy the flavor of Edy's I eat is over 30 miles away.They do sell Edy's at the stores here in town juts not my flavor, that's very irritating.

Now, onto my problem, bc I have to drive so far to get it I normally buy as many containers I can. They normally don't have very many stocked. Most of the time they have 2 or 3. That's a whole other complaint though.

So, I go up there get 6 containers. I was so happy, bc I literally eat a bowl every single night. I hadn't had any for a cpl weeks so I couldn't wait to get home and have some. Oh, by the way, I get the French Silk flavor.

I opened the container it looked normal & the ice cream tasted normal. So far so good, until I got to the chocolate chips. I don't know what was wrong with them, but they were terrible. They were definitely VERY old.

They even had a different color to them. They normally taste like really good dark chocolate, chocolate chips. Not this time. Then I got pissed off bc I was already thinking oh no, what if they're all like this.

So I go to the freezers flip all the containers over to look for an expiration date & sure enough they were all(but 1) made at the same factory on the same day. I opened all of them and they were all made with the nasty choc chips. It's irritating bc even though the ice cream tastes good I will not eat it without the choc chips. If I wanted chocolate ice cream I would've bought it.

I only got 1 good container. It's aggravating bc they wanted to save a little money & use choc chips that should have been thrown out instead of buying more. I've never had an issue with them in the past. Other than the choc chips.

You can tell when one container is fresher than another but normally its still edible. This here is straight garbage & of course there's no phone number listed for complaints. You know what the funny thing is??? 2 nights b4 I made this purchase I went to the Edy's website to see if they had any new limited edition flavors out.

I seen the slow churned French Silk, so I left a raving review abt how great they were, blah blah blah, only to be on a pi$$ed consumer website 4 days later. Isn't that ironic? I just feel like I was ripped off. I spent $24 on ice cream only to keep $4 worth.

***On another note: Why don't they put a seal on their product? That seems like it should be against the rules. EVERYTHING has a seal now days even the generic ice cream brands. Not Edy's.

Anyone could open that ice cream & do whatever they want to it & stick the lid back on and nobody would know. I would love for them to put a seal on it.

Makes it safer.Sorry for the long comment, just a little frustrated right now.

Review about: Edys Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: I'd like an exchange or coupons for 5 containers of ice cream..

Comments